Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hi, I'm New Here.



My very first post on my very first blog- where the heck do I start??



This blog is dedicated to my favorite little boy in the whole entire world, Matthew James. He is stubborn, loving, smart, and down right hilarious. We can't help but laugh about the things that come out of his mouth.


He's always been a very literal child. When he was 2, I enrolled him in a "Little Dragon" taekwondo class at the school where I'm a 1st degree black belt. He didn't say a single word until after he was 2.5 years old, but he knew every thing we ever said. In class, the instructor would say "Ok, touch the mat!" (Of course meaning the taekwondo mat we were standing on.) Instead of touching the floor, he'd keep putting his hands all over himself, and it took us a few minutes to understood that since his name is Matthew, he thought HE was the "mat." After we stopped laughing, we had to start saying "floor mat."


Once he turned 3, he started putting 2 words together at a time, and he never looked back. Now it's sentences, run-on sentences, and he just never.stops.talking. Whether he's telling someone in public that Grandpa had to pee outside, or that Grandma made him write "I'm sorry" 10 times for not being nice, we hear it all. And now you will too. :)

1 comment: